You may have labored through a long divorce, only to find the final outcome isn’t that suitable just a few months or years later. While this can be frustrating, the good news is you have options! Through a post-judgment modification, you can update your original agreement to suit your current needs. In order to be granted a post-judgment modification, there must be extenuating circumstances. If you are unable to convince the court that you have a valid reason, you may not be granted the modification. That is why it is so crucial to contact an attorney who can assist.

Ready to request a modification? Contact VanHo Law in Akron, OH today!


When it comes to post-judgment modifications, it is crucial to present a compelling reason for why you need the change. This will depend on the various factors surrounding your case, such as the type of issue you are trying to modify. Keep in mind, for any issues involving children, the court will always look to protect their best interests first.

Some common reasons you may need to request a modification include:

  • Loss of employment or other financial constraints
  • Either parent’s need or decision to relocate
  • A change in employment
  • A raise or other increase in income
  • The remarriage of a parent
  • Serious health complications for an ex-spouse or child

All of these issues may warrant the changes you need to adjust your order. If you are in need of a modification, make sure you call on a family lawyer in the Akron area who can guide you through the process from beginning to end. Based in Akron, we are proud to serve clients in Summit County, Cuyahoga County, Medina County, Lake County, Geauga County, and Portage County.

Fill out a free case evaluation form today. We bring more than 25 years of experience to the table and know how to handle even the most complex family law issues.